Monday, July 16, 2012

I’m a Mushroom

In June we travels back to Nicaragua to see Tessa.  This time we took Joel with us.  It was a great to see Tessa and we had a wonderful time, though Joel was not a fan of the jungle climate or its bugs.  We brought home souvenirs to remember our trip an give as presents.  We brought home:

Coffee
Rum

and Hammocks.

And I also brought home a very nasty and painful fungus* that has attacked my hands and feet.  It was so painful that I was hobbling to walk and I hobbled myself to the dermatologist who then prescribed me an anti fungal.  He said that I should take care of the problem, but that if may take 2 weeks before I feel any relief.  (Augh!)  I’m beginning to think that Joel was right about the jungle.

*By way of full disclosure, the dermatologist said that this fungus is everywhere and that I could have picked it up anywhere, but really, if one is going to have to suffer a painful, burning fungus, at least one should be able to say one got it in an exotic locale, so I say I got it while visiting Nicaragua.

No comments:

Post a Comment